Wednesday, July 13, 2016

Back by Popular Demand!

Hey y'all! We are embarking on another (shorter) road trip, with a final destination of Bar Harbor, Maine. And since all my readers were clamoring for more blog posts, I decided to give them what they want! Okay, it was really just my mom asking if I was going to do it.

Anyhoo, we set out about noon today and had a stopover planned in Natural Bridge, VA. About an hour into our trip, a rock flew off from a tractor trailer and chipped our windshield, leaving a little starburst pattern in the glass. Now if you're keeping track at home, you'll know this is our 3rd windshield crack on the motorhome. The last one required a whole new windshield. Everyone we called about this one said it will have to be replaced as well since it's bigger than a quarter. :-( For the record, my car is on its 3rd or 4th windshield and just got another small crack last month. I guess we have bad luck with windshields.

About an hour from the campground, we ran into a big thunderstorm with lots of cloud-to-ground lightning all around.  Luckily we just missed it at the campground. Last time we drove in rain we had a leak somewhere underneath and lots of water came in, soaking the carpet in spots. Chuck hoped he had fixed it, but this was the first real test. Good news - it worked!

After supper we set up our new favorite game, Spikeball.  Chuck & Ben won the first game, and Zack & I were able to pull off the win in the 2nd one. No, we didn't play best out of 3. It's kinda hilly here, and let's just say there were some close calls while chasing the ball. Surprisingly, none of them were me.

Chuck & I took Ellie on a walk around the campground and then on a nature trail. Didn't see any bears or mountain lions, thank goodness.

Tomorrow - on to Hershey, PA!

PS - we actually have good wifi here.
PPS - jinxed myself! As soon as I typed that and hit Publish, I discovered the wifi was not working.

No comments:

Post a Comment