Saturday, July 26, 2014

In the words of Lady Gaga, Nebraska, Nebraska I love ya!!

... just not for driving through.  We left Cheyenne on 7/23 and drove across NE.  It was incredibly windy, but Chuck did a great job keeping the RV on the road.  I found a nice campground right off the interstate in Waco, NE, just west of Lincoln.  It was pretty old, going by the pool, buildings, and playgrounds (they had a metal slide just like Weber City Elem. when I was there!), but had new owners.  They must've gotten a deal on swings (like porch swings) because there were no less than 30 new ones scattered around the small campground. In fact, I was sitting in one of those while blogging and being attacked by mosquitos the other day.  They also had a tornado shelter, which looked like a tube into the ground.  The weather was so nice and pleasant when we got there after driving in the wind all day, I was saying I could stay another day.  Alas, we woke up to huge wind gusts the next morning and skedaddled.

Some kind of arch monument touristy thing we drove under

Watching some golfers

Right next to a 9 hole golf course
We headed toward St. Louis.  Chuck had made a reservation near there (Eureka?) on Historic Route 66, but about an hour west of St. L, we saw a campground nearby advertised, so I called to see if they had room and they had one spot!  Chuck was really tired, so we told them we'd be right there.  He's been driving lots of long days. He says he'd rather drive than me, so I say okay.  This campground was also really nice and had the biggest dog park we've seen (and that's including Disney's very large one.)

Ben said there weren't enough pics of Ellie
She was happy to run around.


No comments:

Post a Comment